Monday, February 27, 2006

Muse

I've become obsessed with Muse again after buying their new Absolution Tour DVD. It's all there, riduculour falstetto vocals singing apocalyptic melodrama over the top of ripping guiitars, arpeiggiated synths and bombastic piano, not to mention the flat out heavy drumming and fat distorted basslines.

I saw Muse live in September 2004 in Sydney without having heard them and was floored by it. Love any rock band that can find so much room for arpeiggiated synth lines and huge pianos. The guitar playing is pretty mean too, which suits an ex Van Halen fan like me. Their album Absolution rocks, but lately I'm into to tracks from Origin of Symmetry like Bliss and New Born, to the point I'm playing them a bit. My band also does a stomping version of Time Is Running Out from Absolution.

The DVD rips. Buy it

Bliss...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home