Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What kind of year are you?

So here we are in 2006. It's the third day of the year and I'm already at work. And I'm happy about it. I am personally taking a postive tack and hoping 2006 will be a positive and fruitful year, but the truth will be known much later.

Years are funny things. They all seem to have distinct a character of their own. Some fall into place perfectly (like my 1993, 1995 and 1998, 2001 etc) some start well and end shockingly. Some get off to a great start, sag in the middle and pick up toward the end. Every year seems to hold a milestone of some kind. They all seem to hold promise, and sometimes deliver, other times serverely disappoint. What makes a year what it is? In my experience I always have goals to reach. Sometimes I achieve them but also a lot of other things happen that I didn't expect. Chance and fate play a role, along with our own responses to it. At times I have responded well to chances that have come along, other times not realised how lucky I was, or how bad a situation I had gotten myself into.

Should we make plans in a year, or just ride them like a wave, or maybe a bit of both? Should we be conservative or just go for it? I find as I get older I feel I know more about how I feel and what's happening to me, sometimes with the forehead slapping regret of a late bloomer and I hope I can repsond better to the whirlwind I often find around me. I wonder how other people feel, or if they even think about it all.

What will this year bring and how well eqiupped in life lessons will we all be to make it a fruitful one? Every year is challenging, rewarding and disappointing, Maybe that's just how it is. Each year is at least a chance to learn and grow more. I pity those who think they have it all worked out at any age.

Enough wondering. Let's go!

Over to you 2006...

2 Comments:

At 3:09 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The plans that you make and how successful they become are shaped by how comfortable you are at the present. This comfort level is "set" by previous years. Unfortunately I feel there is a competitive undercurrent for us 30 somethings, so sometimes this so called comfort level is misleading. It is measuring up to a false indicator of success.

Each person has their own text of life, but has a story that is immensly important to share....at whatever stage of life.

 
At 10:07 pm , Blogger Leon of Sydney said...

I'm sure there are a few stories to come for 2006!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home