Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Growing Pains


After Saturday's huge Jamiroquai concert, on Sunday, Marie and I ducked off to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I'm not really a Harry Potter fan, but I really enjoyed the previous film, so I was looking forward to this new one. It was pretty good. The stories and the performances are getting much deeper and interesting. The story is getting more and more complex and now, upon reaching the fourth film, the series is feeling much more interconnected. If you hadn't seen the previous three, you would have been pretty lost watching this. Still, we found it very entertaining, but a lot to take in. Probably needs a second viewing. Technically the film was great. Well shot, acted, good score and the sound design was pretty good (aside from the use of a very typical servo motor type effect used on Mad Eye Moody's mad eyeball, which came from the Sound Ideas SFX library, but hey, I only know that 'cos I'm a sound FX professional, and I think I used that sound yesterday). This film did intrigue me a bit so I looked up Harry Potter on Wikipedia and was pretty floored by the depth of the whole Harry Potter fantasy world, and how much other fantasy/mythical tales etc that its draws from (or is derivitive of, depending on how cynical you are). At this rate I may have to read one of the books....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home