Monday, October 17, 2005

What I'm reading

Just started reading Dogs and Demons: Tales from the dark side of Japan (2001) by Alex Kerr. I read Alex Kerr's first book on Japan called Lost Japan (1996), which was very interesting, quite an insight in to Japanese culture. His second book concerns the decline of Japan in the 1990s and details Japan's loss of culture and direction and the devastation being done to Japan's once stunning beauty. Going to be a serious one I think. I've never been to Japan, and would like to visit, but the picture he paints of the situation the Japanese have created for themselves does not sound good at all.

2 Comments:

At 4:07 pm , Blogger Lido said...

Hi Leon,

Like your blog mate, I am also a local but down in Wollongong and just surfed into your site.

Bit a film buff myself but your line of work sounds interesting ..

anyhow...Keep up the posts and all the best mate

 
At 6:40 pm , Blogger Leon of Sydney said...

Cool Lido

Checked out your blog. Can see you're into films with your superman and James Bond links. Dunno about this new guy...

Leon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home