Friday, January 09, 2009

Return of the Lazy Bastard

Yes I have returned.

So much went on over the xmas break I don't know where to start.

It was great to have fair amount of time off after a pretty much straight run of 18 months work. Not that I'm complaining. Far from it. But every now and then you just need to switch it off. 2008 had a fair few decent projects, docos and dramas, even a bit of music. So no complaints. Here's hoping this year will be as good.

Xmas had the requisite running around like a blue arsed fly. Lots of food and family, so that was OK. Had a friend stay with us from Canada for a few days which was nice to catch up. Saw fireworks for NYE. And lot's of other stuff. Can't believe I'm back to work next week and work emails are starting to creep in. Still, me no complain.

So now wading through the xmas pressies. Some real nerd pleasers this year:

Dr Who Box Set Series 3 & 4. Say no more.
The Dark Knight - still an awesome film. Enjoying more now I've watching it again.
Thunderbirds Boxset - for those days I feel like getting up at 6am and watching telly, just like when I was a young-un.
A Writer's Tale by Russell T Davies - really good book on writing the scripts for Dr Who. Relates to every artist I think.
Logic Pro 8 Tips & Tricks - reference guide for those "wtf?' moments when writing music with Logic.

Also have three Batman graphic novels to read, The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke and Batman:Year One.

So 2008 was a nerdfest like no other.

Beers wise, not too many new ones. Did try a James Squire Porter. Only mildly impressed. I don't know why but some Aussie beers seem only just a cut above well made home brew sometimes. The Old Speckled Hen I had before it was in another league. Oh well.

Well there you go. Hopefully I will keep this blog updated instead of being a lazy bastard this year.

Laters!

1 Comments:

At 3:59 pm , Blogger Ak said...

Have you tried Monteith Pilsner and Lager from NZ. Very old school. Get it from Dan Murphys.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home