Thursday, May 03, 2007

Roy

This entry is of a serious note, as I am celebrating the life of my uncle Roy.

Last year while on my honeymoon, I had some terrible news from home. My uncle had lost his life in a motorcycle accident on his Sunday morning ride. This was October last year, a week after my wedding. It took a while to sink in, but with the support of the family we continued our honeymoon and working holiday in London and had a thoroughly good time, but in the back of my mind I was thinking of my uncle.

Now that I'm back in Sydney it's really hit home. My uncle was quite an influence on my life. He loved his motorbikes, books, dogs, classical music and travel. He was always there, as solid as a rock for the family, helping in anyway he could. He could be a serious man at times, but also had a wicked sense of humour and a big heart. Most of all he just wanted the best for us. He had a sense of wonder, imagination and curiosity about him. An avid reader, he always passed on things he had read about and ideas he had on things.

It's strange now he's gone. A death in the family is a tough time for those still around, where everyone is vulnerable and feeling the loss.

So for the memory of my uncle, I'll try to keep moving on and pursuing my goals like he encouraged me too, and remember all the good things about him.

I miss you Roy, thanks for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home